TICKETS

TICKETS
Announcement of Life

Sunday, September 2, 2012

One of the best!

Sunday on a three day weekend is mighty quiet. Laying in bed all day. Watching .a great golf game and having one of 'Shelby's Special Roast Beef Sandwich'. The best part of the day was finding my earphones that were lost for 12 hours (lost in bed where no human has gone before).

The next best event was a very positive visit from my primary Oncologist. Dr. Ru spoke of the long-term plans for treatment. Anytime the conversation goes into "long term" that discussion could be a good day. Each second breeds change. It might be to change my room, physical therapist, medications, menu or any small detail of the moment. The truth being that the illusion of control has always been an illusion.

I did hear a comforting element yesterday from someone who hasn't known me very long at all yet quite briefed on my history. She pondered that it might be that my 'life's lessons' for this time and space may be complete. In other words a "passing grade". Now the only way that squares with me is if I have truly taught my children to be strong, moral, independent, creative, kind, faithful, supportive and full of love for their own children.

I would also like to believe that in my lifetime I've followed the ever present words of my father, who died when I was sixteen. "Always be honest and be good. And the most important element of your life is to be good to your friends". Dad also taught me how to repair cars, drive at age 11 and to catch a few fish. I could never take them off the hook so he helped me out with that dilemma (and hurry daddy).

Day is ending and time for rest - let's make tomorrow one of the best!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Janice or Mrs Pollard as I remember you from years ago on Winlock Road (with no disrespect to anyone) I traveled this cancer journey with Scot's dad. It is a very hard and sad journey. However with the love of family surrounding you. It can be a happy journey as well. I know you are surrounded by many loved ones, as you have aways been a very loving person. I will be following your blog. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you daily. Lots of love to you and your precious family. Love, Joan

    ReplyDelete