TICKETS

TICKETS
Announcement of Life

Friday, August 31, 2012

One day this week


I truly believed that I would be home safe and sound while launching this blog. One broken leg and cancer throughout my body has changed my entire life. Last week on the 24th of August I was brought to the hospital by ambulance. My doctor thought that I might have a blood clot in my right thigh. Wow, this also happened to be the one day my dear friend Ginger flew out from Florida for a quick a special visit. But that 'one' day ended up in the Emergency Room at Torrance Memorial Hospital. The blood clot turned in to a broken leg brought about by the cancer having spread throughout my body and eating straight through the bone in my right thigh.

The cancer is old news for my family, at least four weeks old. With all of my life moving rapidly, I've accepted all news via lightning speed and morbid haste. My family is taking this within my usual thought that "it isn't good, it isn't bad, it just is". Rarely has anything changed my thinking as quickly as facing an 'end of life' tour. The best plan is to have no plan. Take each thought, each event, and each bit of news with one bit of salt.

I couldn't go to the Neil Diamond Concert last night, I gave those tickets to Shelby. I couldn't visit that 'one day' with Ginger except to invite her to a very exciting day at the hospital. Her entire day was to obtain the full information program of my medical distress. She flew back to Florida Saturday morning with her mission complete without a special visit and lunch. Just taking life as it "is".

I'll move right along to September 31, 2012 as this is the day I hoped to launch this blog. I figured it would be a promise worth keeping. Since I doubt if anyone imagined this news at this time in this way I honor my unique personality. With this writing I will be able to begin regular and irregular postings. I am only communicating via the blog through your comments. My staying quiet and much to myself I know you will all understand.

Be well, stay well and stay close.

6 comments:

  1. I miss you. Wished I could have visited when you were home. So glad we were neighbors! I <3 love <3 you and will always remember our fun and beautiful times together! May God give you comfort and peace which passes all understanding! ;-) Lizzy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and Janice..., I would like to answer your Raison d'etre question? Since I've become a Christian, mine is glorifying our Lord God! I pray you will know and feel His love for you! ><>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janice,
      As one of your long time students, I feel so helpless when I hear of your illness. Are you back in the beach area again? Can I visit at the hospital? How long will you be there?
      Your Swedish Friend

      Delete
  3. oh my, i just saw your note on fb and came here to see what was up. i am sad...and stunned. and still you teach. so janice. i just sent you an email. i won't expect a response. i wish i could be there to sit with you..and look into your eyes...and tell you how much you mean to me...how grateful i am to have known you and learn from you...and to thank you for being so good to me. i guess i will read your posts...hold you close in my heart and keep you in my prayers. love and light. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you Janice!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you're back in the hospital. I am so grateful that I was able to visit with you on Shelby's birthday. It was so good to see you! Right now I happen think of our Bologne sandwiches we shared almost daily in spurts, unreal how much we both loved those, and oh boy those huge slices of red onions we always added! Little did we know how healthy we were by adding piles of Romaine lettuce on them, hahahaaah!!! Love you girl! <3

    ReplyDelete