TICKETS

TICKETS
Announcement of Life

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Keep Trying

"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul."
John Muir

Today was journey for beauty. I had my trusty cellphone (well iPhone) and first of all headed out with Shelby in search of a bright, probably yellow, local flower. But it's been so hot that most of the flower beds are dry and wilted. Not much different than how we felt after a 20 minute outdoor quest. Then we headed directly for the electronic sliding door and the air conditioned corridor leading back to my bed. Oh, the physical therapist had a different plan. The nap will wait. Since I'd been lolly gagging I failed to reach my pillow and fall asleep fast enough.

One lap around the quad and a quick visit to the pt room. "Let's practice climbing steps!". No, let's practice climbing one step. At home I have one step. So, I only truly need to know about 'one' step. Then she believed that getting near the parallel bars while facing the mirror would be a grand idea. I get the parallel bar yet the mirror is just cruel. Okay, turn your back on yourself if you must. I must, make-up, hair brush, blush, colorful tank top, and lip gloss are never suggested before leaving the hospital bed.

After the physical therapy has completed itself I did head for that nap. There I rest without a beautiful flower or a fancy face. Aha, I actually had planned ahead. Maybe not fully, as I was caught wandering way out near the North Tower. When told that area was off limits by a nurse returning from lunch, I said, "I know." I'm not certain if being told what to do bothered me the more or getting caught. I'm pretty sure it was getting caught.

In any event, I still wanted to find a beautiful flower. Paige had texted me from CVS, "Anything else, mom." My cheating brain is just a tiny bit smaller than my cheating crossword pen. Paige says, sure mom, I'll get it. Now my visual art project is most likely to become at one with my mind.

Back to bed. Rest my soul and the soles of my new shoes. Pull up the lightweight blanket and watch the rip roaring end of the PGA Golf Tournament from Crooked Stick. Think about it, when walking is a task, then golf is rip roaring. With the golf rolling it's final credits I got to speak with son-in-law Roger and my HBO employed awesome grandson Matt. Matt was working in Oakland last night on some boxing big event at the Oracle Arena. Ward v. Dawson, the best fight ever, according to a loyal HBO employee who travels the country for the love of his company. I know nothing about the WWE, but bragging about my eldest grandson Matthew is easy.

Now, back to the perfect plant picture for this article. Alas, a miracle. I owe my thanks to Mr. Muir for the quote. To Paige, CVS and to page 77 of this months Sunset magazine. And once again to to Paige and Shelby for my Sunday adventure.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a Jam Packed day. Glad to hear your up and around. Your words are lovely. Now I can get caught up whenever I want. XO DANA

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have lived every second with detail as long as I have known you, and still do. Please continue with beautiful words of your day; they are encouragement for all of us. Kisses my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ivy, September 10, 2012
    Dearest Janice,
    You know I would have a yellow flower for you, daisies to be exact. I will pray for you when I give this plant my utmost care. Stay strong and imagine a boquet of yellow flowers from me. Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. You feisty little thing, you! I believe you did catch that mischievous fairy's dust I threw up for you the other day. Love and laughter to you, my friend. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. well doesn't this just suck? too much like my dad, miss janice, for me to feel anything but sick. am i allowed to feel sick too? i hate cancer. i am glad that you are surrounded by love...of course you always have been...but i wish you didn't have to suffer...i don't want you to have any 'ow-ies'. :) wish we could all go like arden's dad...a good meal, a cold beer, our fav tv show and then gently into that good night. i know you miss your view. colorado is especially beautiful this time of year...the rockies are so breathtaking...i think of life when i see them...all peaks and valleys and the journeys in between. i sure miss you...your humor, your wisdom...i appreciate getting both here. love to you, dave and all your babies, grandbabies and great-grand baby. xxoo your favorite intern ;) p.s. i don't understand this 'select a profile' button...it doesn't matter, does it?

    ReplyDelete