TICKETS

TICKETS
Announcement of Life

Monday, September 17, 2012

Secrets


I’ve walked past this ‘Secret Garden’ at least 20 times without seeing this view. Now I’m paying a little more attention to what else I’ve looked at and not seen. Along with things I’ve listened to and not heard. Not to mention all of the things I’ve heard just because I’ve wanted to hear it in a particular way. This little Secret Garden is mighty special as it belongs to a Secret Friend and myself. Not an imaginary friend but a secret friend. A friend that never would have been selected for me. Nor one that my mind selected due to fashion or flare.

It just happened that due to a chance meeting and with a synchronized method. I did not have cancer when we met and she was a seventeen year survivor from breast cancer. Early this spring she informed a few friends that her cancer has returned. I followed her quest for a medical team and her devout search for treatment. I was earnestly impressed with her robust conquering approach toward health.

Then one day Shelby called her in a sincerely distressed mode to tell her I had cancer. My friend immediately placed Shelby under her wing and added me to her prayers. She visited me daily in the hospital when all others were denied. Then I was introduced to my new radiologist. It was also her long sought radiologist. Then I was discharged from the hospital and given 2:30 PM as my out-patient appointment time for radiation. Yes, that is also the exact time for my twin cancer traveler. So today we both had radiation at 230 PM, same place, same medical team and same doctor.

Our lives have become parallel and/or would they have been anyway if we had not met some 3 years ago by our own means? Life certainly has a path and I never know when I’m on the right path or not. As my life is completely wrapping around itself I am so impressed with what I learn with each moment that passes my way.  One minute is just one secret after another. Today is full of energy and amazement.

4 comments:

  1. Your beautiful expression of gratitude and wonder brought to my mind Scott Peck's discussion of "serendipity" in The Road Less Traveled - "the gift of finding valuable or agreeable things not sought for." Oh what we find when we are not searching, and oh what we miss when we narrow our vision around some predefined "search". Keep opening my eyes! Love, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful story. i am glad you have a kismet friend whom you can travel with on this journey. love u! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice:
    I have been trying to post a comment on this blog for a week or so and it never shows up. Anyway...I had no idea you were going through all this. I saw your FB post that directed me this way. My heart, thoughts and prayers of super natural restoration and healing are and have been sent your way. I almost showed up at the hospital, but was fearful of invading your privacy. I know you have an amazing support system with amazing children and amazing friends. You have comforted and supported me over the last 23 years and I would love to do the same for you, if that is possible. With much love, Mary Voce-Underwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank You for posting - I shall always treasure our special visit while U were hospitalized - I think I recognize your special friend -- synchronous - that we are in each others lives...keep writing & I'll keep reading. Love U, my dear friend.See if U like this, too - from Marianne Williamson "Sit with your eyes closed for two minutes. During that time, pray to be shown images of yourself embodying the highest, more creative possibility for your life. See yourself radiant, experiencing fully both power and joy. Embrace these images -- allow them to settle in, to align with your heart, to lock in to your consciousness. And then repeat these words: "There is no order of difficulty in miracles. In God, all things are possible." And so it it. Amen.
    Mary Sankus

    ReplyDelete