TICKETS

TICKETS
Announcement of Life

Thursday, September 20, 2012

It's My Job


In the next 7 days I have 13 medical appointments. Most are in the same zip code and many are a close call from blending appointments. I wonder how I am supposed to rest my way into health with all of this activity. When I was in the hospital they all came to me. Alas, now I go to them. Physical therapy (2), Oncologist (2), radiology (5), Primary doctor (1), Dentist (1), Home Health Care nurse (1) and lab work for blood (1). Getting well is a full time job.

Today I feel like I need to go to bed around 8:00 PM and sleep for 11 hours. But no, tomorrow is the day that the Space Shuttle is flying across our sky. Today at 11:45 AM a military helicopter flew low and slow along the coast. I’m betting that to get from the Venice Pier to the Queen Mary we will have a secret front row seat at the Coastline of Redondo Beach. I’ll be on the patio with my camera fully charged. If I’m right you’ll get a video tomorrow night.

There is so much to look forward to my future that I enjoy having a full calendar. So much of ‘future days’ requires thought and planning. I’m currently planning a mental adventure up Mount Whitney and a fictional trip back in time to neolithic Britain circa 2,000 BC. Both require mental as well as physical exercise. This is much more fun than any form of worry or despair. The busier that I keep my mind the busier my feet follow.

I sure hope my feet are ready for ice cream and Jeopardy right now. Enjoy the Shuttle fly-over wherever you are tomorrow (Friday).

2 comments:

  1. We saw the last launch together and now the shuttle is coming to you on it's last flight - from me (I watched it fly by the coast here.) here in Florida to you in Redondo. How fitting. I look forward to your video.

    Keep those feet (I love that it is plural!) busy and keep yourself stress free. You are doing a great job with your new job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you got your 11 hours of sleep. :) Enjoy the shuttle and can't wait to see photos!xoxo

    ReplyDelete