TICKETS

TICKETS
Announcement of Life

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Mom, A Son and A Dog


I have no idea how I'm going to keep up the entertainment pace when I go home Saturday. A simple and infrequent cat fight just doesn't have the same spirit as it formerly sparked. Yet last night, in the middle of the night, my sickroom, bed A, companion asked a most interesting question of our nurse. I guess it merely informs me of my shallow level of current creativity. Her question was simple and urgent. "Would you please check my blood and my heart to see if I'm still alive."  They did and she was.

Now, on to sons and dogs. They both visit patients in the hospital. The dogs truly seem to enjoy the act of service and being groomed with loving hands. "Molly" was such a lovely lady and posed perfectly for her photo shoot. Being a feline female I prefer a cuddle kitty.l


My son dropped by and meeting him near the gift shop is a pleasure for both. A baby boy is always a baby boy. Knowing that neither Paige nor Shelby would become nurses, David is an unlikely paramedic. Now he can rescue an entangled seagull at the waterline in great distress from a nasty knot of nylon fishing line. He also saves grommets (youthful beginning surfers) from getting caught in rip tides. Any animal or child in danger is saved by my sweetest son. Now truly, is that the definition of a 'baby boy'. Don't worry her won't read this message and he's over forty with twin daughters who make me smile just by standing still.

Today is radiation #2 and physical therapy #2much. Tomorrow is chemotherapy #8 and Saturday is departure day. I could go home earlier but I'm just waiting until I am fully able. I can walk again which is mighty helpful. And with a broken leg you get to take home a wheel chair. This reminds me of the "Fishing" booth at the Harbor Intermediate Halloween Carnival where with one ticket you could win 'anything'. Today with one ticket I get  brand new wheel chair with removable wheels and a folding carriage. It's a slick black and shiny mobil device. Any seventh grade young lass would revel at this grand prize.

The best part of any day here are the messages from all of you. Patti's fairy dust causes me to get into more trouble than usual but I love it. Ivy, your surprise is so you! Malia, I love you too. Mary, don't be shocked. Cousin Jack, just stay close. Helen, keep the counter ban coming. Dana, your support of Shelby is grand. Shirley, I need your email address. Ashley, I know you're there! Matt told me. Ginger, the saga continues. Anonymous, you're wonderful. I need all medical and emotional and family members. Some Higher Power is wrapping my body with Power and Grace. To the I bow.

Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't.
Richard Bach

5 comments:

  1. Yay! A new post from Janice! I returned that call from the person who asked about you, and she was thrilled to hear back and sorry to hear what's happening. I told her to read up at janiceheld.com

    I will have Alex announce at PAL next week that they can also follow your wit and wisdom here on your blog. We're all rallying in support, Janice!

    --Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jani-Mom, thank you beautiful card.
    And I saw Dave & Shelby this morning.
    I really miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so wonderful to see you in YOUR own clothes, with both feet pointing in the same direction! Yoo-hoo! And you can walk! Ah-h-h! Quite an accomplishment my dear.

    Your cats and your own ocean view (from your beautiful home) are so close now ... good work!

    Hugs, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete