TICKETS

TICKETS
Announcement of Life

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Hair She Goes


Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear. 
Mark Twain

Today I got to go to the dentist. Your pretty sure that if the dentist has more fear about your being there than do you, this is unique. Since the dentist needed approval from the Oncologist before he could clean my teeth. Having ones teeth cleaned must be edgy. It was smooth as butter. Shelby was in the waiting room and came back for a ‘look-see.’ “All is well Shelby,” says Dr. Jay. (Her family dentist also.) Look, no blood. She might have needed one of her special pills. Due to my first aide adventure yesterday Shelby had the full medical kit and drove like a great grandmother. That might be partly because when she got to my house I was trying to wrap a new wound with my left hand.

All done, your mom is fine and she can leave now, please. We headed down the hill back to where I had no access to by own bed because of the carper cleaners. Never mind, it’s time ti go to radiation. Today I’ll arrive with my walker and ditch the wheelchair.  As expected that effort was met by applause. Any improvement by a cancer patient is close to a miracle. I only have 4 more days of radiation - I might go all out with some eye makeup. After 11 minutes I’m all done a strolling back to the family car that will take me for my haircut. Yes, the hair cut that I’ve waited 6 months for it to happen. Grateful that my hair did not fall out I will cut it.

When the hairs were trimmed we headed home with all of the trappings of a great dinner and a full night of great television - if you like Survivor and other A- programing. I’m pleased that today was not a train wreck but more like a smooth flight. I have no fear yet the people around sure have my share. “Knock it off - worry about yourself.”  Not really - kisses to all.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the photo! You look great! Your skin is so smooth (wrinkle free) and full of color. And I love your haircut! Can't see your teeth but I am sure they are sparkling ... and you went for the walker. All in all it sounds (& looks) like you had a good day. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fatigue factor of radiation has kept me from commenting on your blog. You seem to be holding up well, even with all the appointments. YEAH!! Thank you so much for being there with card and camera on Monday to help me "Ring the Bell" signaling the completion of my 30 radiation treatments. I am hoping that you will let me be a part of your bell ringing. All POWER to the Linear Accelerator, lest anyone think we were just having some little x-rays!!!
    And Life just keeps on coming. Monday evening I noticed a puddle at the refrigerator signaling a leak somewhere. Big enough to get my attention, but small enough that we could wait until today to attempt to Fix It. Interim solution is to swap out two old towels. Hubby wonders why I keep all the old towels. Well I think they are good at treating many of the leaks in life. So as soon as I finish this comment I will start to clean out the old ice box of stuff that has accumulated during this whole cancer process. Time for a new start.

    Uhmmmmmm...Cute "do", but I detect a bit of the old stink eye for our worry over you. I will continue to enjoy your timely, creative, compassionate, informative and loving writing.
    Till we meet again
    Love and Kisses

    Your secret garden sister

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chic haircut!! Looks great! I am so glad you felt up to going to your hair appointment and even get your teeth cleaned... 4 more days of radiation! Yay! 75% done with that! Hope your legs are healing! xooxox jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey miss j,
    life has been full of sick babies and nights of no sleep. last night was spent mostly in a toddler bed. i am waaaaaaaaaaay to old for that! i sent a picture of t i think it will make you laugh. my little dandy. today they are in childcare so i get to clean, grocery shop, wash my car...yaay! as i laid in bed with t last night, i thought of life in rb. what a world away i am now. wish you were close so we could talk..i'd come wash your windows and finally get to see your house! ;) you are always on my mind and in my prayers. how is dave holding up? xxoo, m.

    ReplyDelete