TICKETS

TICKETS
Announcement of Life

Friday, September 21, 2012

A Spacey Day


Never mind that I chased the Shuttle to the San Pedro Lookout Point and waited 2.5 hours in the sun with three hundred of my new friends. I did enjoy the gathering and yet it was my first crowd in a wheelchair. Usually I can work my way up to a premium spot. Today I slid into a space and stayed there. I couldn’t see the shuttle until moments after everyone else. Dang, everything is slower and older. But there it was right up there in the big blue sky. The crowd roared and the dogs barked.

I wanted chills and goosebumps. I got yep and done. My video will remain in the can. Yet the memory of being in Florida with Ginger on July, 8 of 2011 was a goose bumper. We were a Space Park in Florida having slept in our car all night. Many generators were keeping the television stations aware of the launch and the rain. Since I did yet to see the first Shuttle Columbia launch as well as the last I ought not have been so surprised that this day did not bring to me a ‘shock’ and ‘aw’. Seeing the last Shuttle soar into space was purely amazing.

While Shelby stayed home today to run errands and to watch the Shuttle on television. She kept me informed by text how long it would be for the aircraft to reach my location. And she did just that. Then she noticed on television that the Shuttle did a slow and low approach over LAX before heading out to sea for a go around. She grabbed her trusty iPhone and ran up to her deck. YES, the Shuttle flew south and turned east right over her house. So you will get to see my happy face in San Pedro and Shelby perfect video over Hermosa Beach. Good work Shelby!


After my afternoon adventure I headed off to my Friday radiation and I'm now ready for my “I did too much” nap. The weekend is a blessing and I plan to use it well.

3 comments:

  1. I love spacey days! Somehow I feel so at home in them. I have been remiss in commenting the last couple of days - not because I haven't been keeping track of you, but just because I couldn't think of anything to say. I have enjoyed many smiles from reading of your latest adventures. And don't forget, somehow I need to get worked into Stonehenge! Love, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photo of you - you look great! Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete