TICKETS

TICKETS
Announcement of Life

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Don't Change the Spark Plugs


Whenever you would change the spark plugs on my old ’55 Chevy some things worked much better, like the starter. And some things suddenly failed like head lamps. My body is like that now. All of the excellent vitamins and medicine are improving my energy and wellbeing. That led me to believe that I could lift my broken leg into bed from the right and from the left side. Yet to-date, I’d only done it from the right side. OUCH! So today I lift my leg from neither side. And await my physical therapist’s arrival on Tuesday. In many ways ‘what I don’t know’ is far more dangerous than ‘what I do know’.

It was also a smooth move to schedule having my bedroom carpet cleaned while merely walker-able. Yet I hate seeing a dirty floor and I’m stuck at home having to see it all of the time. I can’t pick anything up off the floor and I keep dropping things. 

Those windows sure need washing yet don’t get out of bed. The cat did what, again? I’m not really a ’55 Chevy. I’m a ’45 Plymouth. Dad was a Plymouth and Desoto Dealer in our hometown. I was raised in an automotive world of wonder. I pumped gas at age 11 and did a complete forensic dissection of every wrecked car. Strands of hair in a shattered windshield was a clue, as was the empty bottle of beer on the floorboard. I often wondered was that the preceding guide to becoming a therapist. 

Your “comments” back to me are like those ‘spark plugs’, each words alters my mind. And I thank you. I save every comment in a special place and reread them often. I can’t see you yet with your words let me know that you are there. Thanks you so much for caring and sharing. When you speak to me you make my head lights glow brighter.  This beautiful Hibiscus is in my garden right now and this one is for you.

5 comments:

  1. I'm kind of feeling that as long as I'm not an Edsel, or a Corvair, or worse yet a combination of them both, things are pretty good. Stayed up way too late Saturday night to watch the Oregon v. Arizona football game on the DVR - after having spent the evening playing with our bridge group. Then had to be up and at Church bright and early to be liturgist for 2 services.... is it really only 7:00 pm? Will be wandering through your e-mail once my brain is awake enough to comprehend the written word. "See" you tomorrow!! Love, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the beautiful flower ... it is so like you to be giving to us; you are so generous Janice. And if we are like spark plugs, you are like an engine, supplying power for something wanted or needed. And we thank YOU for that.

    It is so good to hear you are 'walking.' When I was there you could not even turn in bed, let alone get up to move for carpet cleaning. Bravo!

    Today's word is Flow, feel the flow of life as air moves through you.

    Hugs,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower.... sending love and strength your way! xoxoxo jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep on keeping on ! thinking of you !
    xoxo
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is very informative. If you are going on a road trip, do not fail to check your spark plugs. As much as possible, take your vehicle to a car servicing shop so that professionals could evaluate the state of your car and fix problems which can prevent you from having a fun and relaxing trip.

    Industrial Spark Plugs

    ReplyDelete