TICKETS

TICKETS
Announcement of Life

Monday, October 8, 2012

Grow Up!


You start out giving your hat, then you give your coat, then your shirt, then your skin and finally your soul. 

My worst problem is my worst problem. I am thin skinned. Now was I thin skinned by nature or is it the nature of my soul. Then I have a feline with sharp claws. Or the nightstand with raw wood corners. Sometimes pulling on a shirt with any strength of force.

I am looking down my arm at five fabric bandaids with Neosporin. The same white cat is still living and breathing. My chins are down to gauze bandages and soon to be flesh free. Mummies had a great plan against thin skin.  Yet the truth be known, the thin skin is all part of the past two months of reconstruction. Radiation, chemotherapy, major surgery, minor surgery, biopsy, radiation scans and pain. With oodles of pain medication.

My skin holds it all together. All of the chemicals and cell development or destruction impact the cells exposed to the outside world of shape and shiny objects. It is quite possible that healthy food, soft edges and smooth emotions will heal the feel. ‘Time’ would make sense that the skin would be a bit behind the rest of the body in recovery. 

I constructed a planter last Sunday to signify the health and growth of my healthy flourishing flesh. The shaded sunlight with mineral water will force the drive to thrive and develop the strength to grow.

Every problem must have a solution. Just find it and ‘grow with it.’

7 comments:

  1. Your skin may be thin but it is oh-so beautiful ... you are beautiful Janice. 'Do' your solution and 'go with it.' Take good care, give it some time, and it will heal.

    ... also beautiful plant, like all plants you touch.

    Hugs,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. the word for today is 'Strong.'

    I am filled with life, strength and energy. My body responds to my thoughts and feelings. My body, mind and spirit respond to positive, life-affirming prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful planter! And take care of your skin with gentleness and it will heal in time. Think of it as - “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” (Rumi)

    ReplyDelete
  4. “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” Kahlil Gibran

    I love you Janice! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I have a sympathy ooze! I think of you and smile every time I change the bandage. I have beckoned the "thick skinned" fairy, and am told that some rhino dust is being distributed as we speak. I am blowing some your way! Love, Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah thin skin...guess I skipped lightly over that section of the "becoming crone" manual. Was more impressed with the stuff about wisdom and inner beauty. Perhaps the skin must thin to allow all the good inner stuff to show through. Am grateful that my radiation rash has healed and I now sport a tan mark of my healing. Wishing the same for you.

    Be well

    Secret Sis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Was thinking of you {{{Janice}}} and the intertube brought me here.

    You are my second path to sad this week, the first was George Carlin. I watched some of his YouTube video's and just felt so sad (after I laughed a lot) that his voice is now only in the past for our future.

    Much Love and Hugs ( you give great Hugs )
    Anna

    ReplyDelete