TICKETS

TICKETS
Announcement of Life

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I Care

Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.
Edna St. Vincent Millay 


Yesterday I got a text message from a former client. The only reason he is ‘former’ is because I retired and became somewhat ill. When I told him of of condition I surprised him and myself. The cause of his surprise is somewhat obvious, mine was else clear to me in the moment. After a few moments of reflection I was aware of my emotional discomfort at not fully knowing why he wanted to talk to me.

I’d known him for nearly 20 years. My home overlooks his former stomping grounds. I remember when he announced his engagement. I’d just seen him 18 months ago when his life changed again. I felt like I wasn’t done with the story or the support. To know so much and care so much about the life and liberty of another puts them into your head and heart forever.

I don’t like this part of retirement. It’s like reading a good book and not being able to finish it. I still want to advise and confirm the actions and movements of those people that I’ve grown to love. I must find a way to finish the good book. I do miss my clients and I will be in touch.

4 comments:

  1. Christopher Robin shall weigh in: "but what I like doing best is Nothing." "How do you do Nothing?", asked Pooh. "Well, it's when people call out at you just as you're going off to do it, What are you going to do, Christopher Robin, and you say, Oh, nothing, and then you go and do it. . . It means just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering." So here's to listening to what we cannot hear, reading what we cannot finish, being in every moment, and doing nothing. Love you - Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the finishing a book analogy. I love you Janice and I will always stay in touch. I am who I am because you are so amazing! Love you!!! xooxxo jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I care too ... about you ... and miss talking to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would seem that along with reading the good book you are also writing the good book. I am enjoying your words and the words of others that you seek out. How many of us knew that retirement frequently means research and development of our new days? Retirement wears many faces and yours is beyond beautiful with all of your new found colors.

    Hoping this day is one that you are living, one moment at a time.

    XOXOXO

    Secret Sis

    ReplyDelete