TICKETS

TICKETS
Announcement of Life

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

This might mean that I am back in the publishing business. I’m promising to return to the information mode of communication. For the past two weeks I’ve been hiding in my own mind again. The news about my cancer health is remarkable. So I shall remark. There is a cancer marker regarding the protein cell growth of cancer. My numbers of growth are dropping rapidly. The true term is remission. My oncologist has added iron to my treatment. I’ve been forbidden from iron for a year because of it’s ‘blood growth’ properties. I’m learning as fast as I am healing. I have so many amazing people with prayers and my health that I am certain about that truth.

Secondly, with laughter being the best medicine I did have a day of laughter last week. There was a day last week that could have brought rain. For Shelby and Janice that means fun. We headed out toward the dark clouds above Glendale.  On approaching our target we redirected the mission toward the Los Angeles Zoo.  My walker would have to be changed into a wheelchair and off we went.  The hills and trails of the zoo are mighty challenging. Our primary goal was to find the new elephant habitat.

We stopped by the Flamingo Pond where I had to be helped up to get a good view over the hedge. The Gorilla Camp is forever a treat as they have so much determination to remain unique. I especially enjoyed the female who enjoyed being wrapped in her blanket.

Out trek toward the elephants led us to a mighty ramp with a ‘must have’ speedy adventure downhill with dangerous speed. That was where the laughter fell into place. It was also where LIFE fell into place. I’m so pleased to be able to see and experience the pleasant aspect that my choice to live is completely probable. I need my children and they need me. So it shall be - we’ll all grow up through this together. Shelby is quite good for sudden adventures and ‘let’s go’.  She’ll probably never take off with me for Nepal like her sister Paige yet the “Let’s Go” is my favorite expression.


Believe in whatever is best for you and have the wisdom to know the difference. To my main and brave ‘health team’: Helen, Patti and Jackie I owe you my life because I was always jealous of your connection. Now I belong to you. And we belong in the zoo.

7 comments:

  1. So good to see another post, as I was beginning to worry about you in the long stretch of silence. You are such an inspiration, Janice! Keep up the good work, and I will keep up the prayers. And I think I'll plan a trip to the zoo with my grandchildren!!

    Your cousin, Susie

    p.s. Check your email, as I plan to send one to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Janice,
    So glad to see your blog back. I have been checking every day and today I got lucky! Good news that you are in remission. With your determination and our prayers you will "DAY BY DAY IN EVERY WAy FEEL BETTER AND BETTER."

    Love Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remission ... BRAVO! Good work!

    Shelby, Zoo & Laughter ... HOORAY!!!

    Love you,
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad to hear you had such a fun adventure!! Keep enjoying everyday and hanging in there, getting stronger and stronger.. I love you! xoxoxo jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another kinship of the spirit! Elephants are my favorite. There is nothing quite like an adventure that involves hunting for them, and then standing in awe of their grandeur. My love to you, my fellow pachydermous. Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Janice and Shelby!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janice so nice to read you are now in remission. It was great to see your daughters names Shelby and Paige. takes me back to Winlock Rd in the late 60's to mid 70''s, when I was your neighbor.
    Live on Janice,
    Rene Evelynveere
    revelynvee@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete